Chicken Taco Soup2014-03-17
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, thawed or frozen
- Stir onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, dice tomatoes, and taco sauce into a slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breast on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly so that it gets covered by other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker to low heat, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours on low if your chicken is thawed. (4-5 hours on low if your chicken is frozen)
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken back into the soup.
- Cook it on low for another 2 hours in the crockpot if necessary. I never had to.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
Source: Sweet Treats and More