Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with caramelized Bacon and Onions2014-03-19
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1.5 pounds of fresh Brussel sprouts
3-4 slices of bacon
one whole diced onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Ok, for the Brussels sprouts I took about 1.5 pounds of fresh Brussels sprouts and washed them and trimmed off the tips and sliced them in half.
- Sit them aside.
- Take 3-4 slices of bacon and cook them on the Stove Top High for about 10 minutes in or until it’s done.
- After the bacon is done, remove it from the Ninja and set aside to drain.
- Leave the bacon drippings in the Ninja and add one whole diced onion.
- I also add minced garlic.
- Let this sauté until the onions are soft and slightly brown.
- Remove the onions and set aside.
- Now add the Brussels sprouts to the Ninja and pour in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- I toss them around a little. Cover with the lid and turn the ninja to the oven setting to 425° for 10 minutes (set timer on Ninja).
- When the timer gets down to about 3 minutes remaining, open the Ninja and pour in the sautéed onions and garlic.
- Also, crumble the bacon on the Brussels sprouts. Stir to mix them in well. Turn the Ninja off and you’re done!